Child molestation and paedophilia occur far more commonly among homosexuals than among heterosexuals on a per capita basis, according to a new study.
“Overwhelming evidence supports the belief that homosexuality is a sexual deviancy often accompanied by disorders that have dire consequences for our culture,” wrote Steve Baldwin in, “Child Molestation and the Homosexual Movement,” soon to be published by the Regent University Law Review.
Baldwin is the executive director of the Council for National Policy in Washington, D.C.
“It is difficult to convey the dark side of the homosexual culture without appearing harsh,” wrote Baldwin. “However, it is time to acknowledge that homosexual behavior threatens the foundation of Western civilization – the nuclear family.”
Though the homosexual community and much of the media scoff at such accusations, Baldwin – who chaired the California Assembly’s Education committee, where he fought against support for the homosexual agenda in the state’s public schools – says in his report that homosexual activists’ “efforts to target children both for their own sexual pleasure and to enlarge the homosexual movement” constitute an “unmistakable” attack on “the family unit.”
Baldwin’s research is substantiated in a recently completed body of work written by Dr. Judith Reisman, president of the Institute for Media Education and author of numerous authoritative books debunking sexual myths, including “Kinsey, Crimes & Consequences.”
In her thesis – also written for the Regent University Law Review – Reisman cited psychologist Eugene Abel, whose research found that homosexuals “sexually molest young boys with an incidence that is occurring from five times greater than the molestation of girls. …”
Abel also found that non-incarcerated “child molesters admitted from 23.4 to 281.7 acts per offender … whose targets were males.”
“The rate of homosexual versus heterosexual child sexual abuse is staggering,” said Reisman, who was the principal investigator for an $800,000 Justice Department grant studying child pornography and violence. “Abel’s data of 150.2 boys abused per male homosexual offender finds no equal (yet) in heterosexual violations of 19.8 girls.”
Jay Heavener, spokesman for PFLAG – Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, counters that federal crime data refute claims that homosexuals molest children at higher rates than heterosexuals.
“According to data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), this claim is false,” he told WND by e-mail. “The gay and lesbian community calls into question any dubious research which flies in the face of our own experience.”
And Gary Schoener, a clinical psychologist who has been diagnosing and treating clergy abuse for 28 years, told Salon.com, “There are far more heterosexual cases than homosexual.”
In terms of sheer numbers, that may be true. But in terms of numbers of children abused per offender, homosexuals abuse with far greater frequency; and boys, research shows, are the much-preferred target.
Baldwin says evidence he examined disproves the assertion that child molestation is more prevalent among heterosexuals. Both he and Reisman found that media coverage of adult homosexual abuse of minors is also slanted.
“The National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association (NLGJA) recently boasted that although homosexuals are less than two percent of the population, three-fourths of the people who decide the content of the front page of the New York Times are homosexual,” Reisman wrote.
That one fact is especially noteworthy, experts point out, given the recent child sex scandals taking place within the American Catholic church.
A survey by WorldNetDaily of recent news reports found that rarely did the media describe priestly sexual abuse as “homosexual” or “gay” activity – even though the worst incidents involved male-to-male contact, and a spate of investigative reports has revealed that the Vatican is concerned about an upsurge of homosexuals in seminary schools throughout the world.
Gay press promotes sex with children
Baldwin says his research not only “confirms that homosexuals molest children at a rate vastly higher than heterosexuals,” but it found that “the mainstream homosexual culture” even “commonly promotes sex with children.”
“The editorial board of the leading pedophile academic journal, Paidika, is dominated by prominent homosexual scholars such as San Francisco State University professor John DeCecco, who happens to edit the Journal of Homosexuality,” Baldwin wrote.
During his research, he also found:
- The Journal of Homosexuality recently published a special double-issue entitled, “Male Intergenerational Intimacy,” containing many articles portraying sex between men and minor boys as loving relationships. One article said parents should look upon the pedophile who loves their son “not as a rival or competitor, not as a theft of their property, but as a partner in the boy’s upbringing, someone to be welcomed into their home.”
- In 1995 the homosexual magazine “Guide” said, “We can be proud that the gay movement has been home to the few voices who have had the courage to say out loud that children are naturally sexual” and “deserve the right to sexual expression with whoever they choose. …” The article went on to say: “Instead of fearing being labeled pedophiles, we must proudly proclaim that sex is good, including children’s sexuality … we must do it for the children’s sake.”
- Larry Kramer, the founder of ACT-UP, a noted homosexual activist group, wrote in his book, “Report from the Holocaust: The Making of an AIDS Activist”: “In those instances where children do have sex with their homosexual elders, be they teachers or anyone else, I submit that often, very often, the child desires the activity, and perhaps even solicits it.”
- In a study of advertisements in the influential homosexual newspaper, The Advocate, Reisman found ads for a “Penetrable Boy Doll … available in three provocative positions. She also found that the number of erotic boy images in each issue of The Advocate averaged 14.
- Homosexual newspapers and travel publications advertise prominently for countries where boy prostitution is heavy, such as Burma, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
“Research on the homosexual lifestyle confirms it is almost exclusively a youth-oriented culture,” Baldwin wrote. “Very few gays exhibit preference for older men.”
“Some admit to focus on teenage boys,” he said, “some on prepubescent boys, and many cross over between categories.”
A 1988 study detailed in Baldwin’s report found that most pedophiles even consider themselves to be “gay.” According to the study, “Archives of Sexual Behavior,” some 86 percent of pedophiles described themselves as homosexual or bisexual. Also, the study found, the number of teenage male prostitutes who identify as homosexuals has risen from 10 percent to 60 percent in the past 15 years.
When asked what he thought about critics who attempt to debunk his research, Baldwin said the results speak for themselves.
“For them to say this theory is false is to call many of the homosexual movement’s leaders liars,” he said. “Most of my evidence comes right from the gay community.”
“I managed to find enough evidence that my thesis – child molestation is an integral part of the homosexual movement – is a valid thesis,” Baldwin told WorldNetDaily.
Other experts have also found a distinct pattern between child sex abusers and the incidence of homosexuality.
“How long can psychologists be in denial about the significance of the dark side, and ignore what it implies about the homosexual condition? And there’s a matter of even greater concern. How long will psychologists eagerly throw open the door to gay life for every sexually confused teenager?” writes Joseph Nicolosi, Ph.D, on behalf of NARTH – the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality – a group that says it exists to “provide psychological understanding of the cause, treatment and behavior patterns associated with homosexuality, within the boundaries of a civil public dialogue.”
The North American Man-Boy Love Association, or NAMBLA, is “a group that openly promotes sex with minor boys and claims that boy-lovers respond to the needs of the boys they love,” Baldwin said in his report.
The group is often endorsed by “many of the homosexual movement’s most prominent leaders,” he said.
Advocacy moving to schools
Promotion of the “gay and lesbian lifestyle” is increasing in the nation’s public schools.
A WND survey of homosexual-oriented websites found that almost every group has some sort of program to “educate” teachers, school administrators and other school employees about the homosexual lifestyle:
- GLSEN – the Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network – bills itself as “the largest national network of parents, students, educators and others” specifically formed to end “discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity/expression in K-12 schools. Two recent press released boasted of the Broward County (Fla.) school board approving GLSEN-sponsored “training for teachers.”
- A student activist working with GLSEN officials has managed to “give voice” recently to “gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered students” at California schools;
- PFLAG has created a national campaign called, “From Our House to the Schoolhouse,” distributing to school officials – among other materials – a booklet entitled, “Just the Facts About Sexual Orientation and Youth: A Primer For Principals, Educators, & School Personnel. [Editor’s note: Readers need the Adobe PDF reader to open and read this file.]
Though most school-related programs are sold to administrators and parents as programs designed simply to end persecution of homosexuals and lesbians, none disclose what Baldwin says is compelling evidence that homosexuality is harmful to children.
“What … does the academic literature say about the relationship between homosexuality and child molestation? Quite a bit, actually,” he wrote, quoting data compiled by the Family Research Institute: “Scientific studies confirm a strong pedophilic predisposition among homosexuals.”
The institute, after reviewing more than 19 studies and peer-reviewed reports in a 1985 “Psychological Reports” article, found that homosexuals account for between 25 and 40 percent of all child molestation.
“But this number is low,” Baldwin says, “due to the fact that many reporters will not report if a child molester is a homosexual, even if he knows that to be the case.”